Currently we have a 2nd laser cutter that we could setup
however it has some kind of issue with the driver board to the laser (I think there is two of them)
So what I propose
- rip out the existing electronics, keep the existing servo’s / mechanics
- replace the electronics with a 32bit control board
- retrofit the laser with a c02 one with it’s own electronics, the same as the orange laser.
For the electronics
I think the LCD on it may be a bit faint anyway.
I’d probably go for a 32bit control board like the duet wifi as it also has the option for an LCD
I’ve actually got 2 of these already at the moment one for home and one for the cnc in the space (which I haven’t fitted yet), although I need to fix the LCD on the 2nd one
For the laser
make this the same as the orange one
there are two existing laser elements with it, but tbh even if we got them working I don’t see them as ever being replaceable in the long term
Things to investigate
- Will the optics be the same?
- Is it using some kind of fancy servo with feedback? or steppers?
- Need to test visicut with the duet board
This is all hypothetical at the moment due to covid anyway