Free shipping on Foneras until August 31

I don’t know whether anyone on these lists would be interested, but the Fon
router is a little box of lovelyness, giving you a nice interface from 3G or
an existing Wifi network, and allowing you then to provide that access again
over wifi or ethernet, with a few simple menu choices.

The 2.0 version has been used quite effectively when demo’ing the Arduino +
Ethernet at events with no wired networking, and again to hook up a laptop
with only a wired ethernet connection in a wifi-only network.

If you really want to push the boat out, the 2.0n has four (+1 upstream)
ethernet ports, and both the 2.0 and 2.0n devices have a USB port, meaning
you can hook up a USB printer, external hard disk (offering SMB/FTP access
or the ability to download torrents with it), or webcam (providing a webcam
service).

Lastly, the later firmwares on the 2.0n give the easiest OpenVPN server-end
experience I’ve EVER had. Which is nice :slight_smile:

Oh, and the whole thing runs embedded linux, very loosely based on the
DD-WRT firmware, which means there’s lots of scope for experimentation :slight_smile:

All the best.

P.S. I am not employed by or endorsed by FON, I just really like their
devices!
Jon “The Nice Guy” Spriggs---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The FON Team fon-en-mkt@maileu.rnmk.com
Date: 2 August 2010 09:11
Subject: Free shipping on Foneras until August 31
To: jon@spriggs.org.uk

[image: fon]    Hello Jon,

Gear up for more WiFi with free standard shipping to the U.S. and most of
Europe from FON. Just place an order for any Fonera router between now and
the end of August and we’ll pay for standard shipping to your door.

Order soon for best
selectionhttps://fon-en.custhelp.com/rd?1=AvUO~wrOGv8S7bH9GnAe~yL~Jvkq~zL~vyqXfjr~&2=301
!

This offer applies to orders placed online through fon.com. The offer is
valid until August 31, 2010 and applies to orders placed in the U.S., Canada
and most of Europe. Norway, Switzerland and the Canary Islands are not
included in the promotion. Read terms and
conditions.https://fon-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/fon_en.cfg/php/ma/fattach_get.php?1=AvUO~wrOGv8S7bH9GnAe~yL~Jvkq~zL~vyqXfjr~&2=123711

The FON Team [image: Fonera SIMPL] fon.com http://www.fon.com [image:
Twitter] http://twitter.com/fon Twitter http://twitter.com/fon

You received this message because you have signed up with FON and have
accepted receiving information about us. Should you wish to unsubscribe from
this Newsletter, please click
herehttps://fon-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/fon_en.cfg/php/ma/unsub.php?1=AvUO~wrOGv8S7bH9GnAe~yL~Jvkq~zL~vyqXfjr~&2=100025&3=1
.