The content below comes from my good friend and ex-boss Gillian. She’s looking for someone who wants a 12 month SWENG contract playing with IoT stuff, with a possibility of more later. The rest of this message is content from her. If you’re interested, please contact her directly, rather than trying to bounce through me.
Vacancy - Software Engineer
Based at Hindley Green
Reporting directly to the Head of Digital Innovation
This is a position for an embedded systems software engineer. In this role you will design, develop and support embedded C software where you will be key in delivering end-to-end embedded software solutions for a range of new IoT communications and
control products. As part of a small but highly motivated mixed design team, you will have the opportunity to become a specialist within this field. This role would ideally suit a software engineer who is looking to break into the world of IoT control
and communications. You will work in a fully-formed design role and become established as a technical expert within this industry. Mentoring and ongoing training will be available to reach this goal.
- 12 month secondment with a view to the role becoming permanent upon successful delivery of initial phase development.
- Working on software development through the full product life-cycle.
- Primary development will be within a Windows environment and in the C programming language but familiarity with Linux will be encouraged as some tooling is Linux hosted.
- Have a degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Mechatronics or have an equivalent level of FE qualification or practical software experience.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Knowledge of and skills in the following would be beneficial:
- ARM® Cortex® M processors.
- Low power and energy efficient coding using low power states and interrupts.
- Wireless communications protocols covering 802.15.4, Wi-Fi, NFC and BT.
- Experience working with and debugging I2C, SPI, Serial, OWB, ADC, interrupts, bit-bang.
- Concurrent versioning systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Able to specify, design, document and maintain code over the product lifetime.
- Good grounding in C with familiarity with C++, ARM assembler and scripting languages such as Lua and Python.
- Aptitude to extract pertinent information from hardware data sheets and schematic diagrams.
- Being able to challenge the status quo in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Is hungry to learn and stretch themselves.
- Willing to experiment and not be constrained by boxes.
- Wants to get into the world of IoT control and communications.
To all Applicants:
If you require further information regarding this role please contact Gillian Simpson, Senior Electronics Design Engineer at: email@example.com .
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants, in
particular where part-time working is required.