Now that the new and returning students have been successfully installed into their digs and are getting on with uni, I thought we could be a bit smart and get some interest without an entire months commitment from cash strapped but possibly future hackers…
So here is my idea, somewhat plagiarised from a certain gym who’s boss used to be on Dragons Den…
For £2, someone with a UoM/MMU/other-uni-in-the-region email address can come to the space, and join for just one week. This is a taster to get them in and seeing if it works for them. Low commitment, but likely to gain interest and thus new members, which we sorely need looking at the accounts.
After that week, it’ll expire but they can add a payment method for £12.50/month if they want to continue access. It’ll then be a normal account and member. The promotion is just for the first week and does not create multiple tiers of membership.
- Special sign up form
- Only works for uni email addresses
- Email requires confirmation to prove access to uni email
- Account marked as promotional to prevent others from taking advantage
- User must “buy” an induction for the promotion at which point the account is marked as active for one week. This means they pay something but without having to set up a DD
- Fob only collection, no post option.
- Otherwise full membership
- Given the time limited nature only allow purchase of the induction from on the space WiFi itself. That way there is no complaining about it taking three days to find someone to let them in, which is almost half the promo time.
I’ve looked at the code for the membership system and there’s many ways we can do it. I’m not too worried about this bit.
Someone could join for a week and take the drills in the same way someone could join for a month and do the same
Fake uni accounts? Maybe Limite the accepted universities to MMU/UOM etc
Students come in, can try it out with no real risk to them financially. If they like it they can set up regular payment like anyone else.
Eye catching slogan and will get interest especially if promoted using Instagram adverts.
If someone additionally wants to go to the physical uni buildings and put up posters I can make some ones up.
Probably one for the board to approve but I’m on for doing this.