I havent checked where this is.
“Ambition becomes counter-productive when you pursue your goals without the humbling realization that things seldom go as planned.” — Scott BelskyBegin forwarded message:
From: Robert Hoffmann firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Linux HPC Engineer - Cheshire - Permanent
Date: 20 June 2014 13:19:11 BST
Good Afternoon Philip,
candidate ref: 835604
We have several current opportunities and wondered if this role may be of any interest to you? I apologise in advance if this vacancy is of no interest or relevance to you, or if you are not in the market for employment opportunities at this point in time. If this is the case, then please discard this email. You are receiving this email following a keyword based skills search on databases where a copy of your CV is currently being stored. Also if you know of anyone that may be interested in this position please pass on my details for them to contact me.
Please note, we also have several other roles which may be suitable so please do respond with an up-to-date word version CV, Salary expectations and a brief summary of your skills/job role sought. Please visit www.morson.com or you can also follow us on LinkedIn for more details of our live roles.
UNIX, Linux, HPC, IT Infrastructure Administrator/Support Engineer – Warrington, Cheshire UK – Permanent. Skilled in Linux, HPC, Security, installation of software, configuration and systems management. This role is to administer and support the client by maintaining and supporting the clients Linux, HPC Projects and systems, plus to provide effective IT support to the whole of the organisation . The Linux HPC IT Infrastructure Administrator/Support Engineer will provide support to client and the overall IT Services team by taking responsibility for the full life cycle of tasks and delegated work and reporting into the clients Head of IT.
Morson International is pleased to be contacting candidates on behalf of our client, who are currently seeking to recruit a Linux, HPC, IT Infrastructure Administrator/Support Engineer who will be based in Cheshire UK on a Permanent basis. This position will require the successful candidate to have 5 year referencing checks for SC Security Clearance.
Candidates should have the following Skills/Knowledge/Expertise:
The dedicated resource will have system administration skills & expertise in the following software and hardware technologies:
• Skilled in Server and Desktop administration skills in Linux
• Basic HPC system administration
• O/S installation using cluster tools
• User ID management
• Linux/Unix Security
• The installation of IBM HPC software including compilers, libraries, job scheduling tools
• HPC application installation/compilation
• License server configuration and license installation
• GPFS file systems management
• x86/Linux Cluster performance tuning
• Technically astute (Infrastructure, Hardware, Software, Telecoms)
• Strong ability to influence others whilst maintaining honesty and integrity at all times
• Self-starter who shows initiative as well as maintaining excellent collaboration with wider colleagues/teams
• Flexible approach and ability to manage diversity across technologies, people and international cultures
• Vision, creativity and imagination for new solutions to continually improve
• Excellent Communication skills
• Share knowledge with the team
• Have excellent problem-solving skills
• Have excellent project and customer management
• Have excellent negotiation and influencing skills
• Be able to manage their own development
• Keep up to date with changes in technology
The dedicated resource will be part of the client technical team and will report directly to the client Systems Team Leader during typical contracted hours.
The dedicated resource will be responsible for reporting in to client Management in relation to any specific projects as required.
• To be focal point for communications and provide weekly communications and coordination with client and all parties management & Technical teams in relation to projects.
• To Participate in client meetings and internal meetings in relation to all projects
• To Consult and coordinate with system administration staff on the operational setup of the cluster and provide subject matter expertise.
• To Provide accounting information of system usage by the project
• To assign available compute resources via the job scheduler, based on project priority and authorisation.
• To Review and advise on best practices and tuning guidance for the ongoing cluster setup on the NeXtScale cluster to the technical team
• To measure and document basic test results on the client NeXtScale cluster as part of regular health check and provide maintenance window support as required to the technical team
• To Co-ordinate with client staff on user ID management.
• To ensure that all client staff using the facility agree to abide by the acceptable use policy
• To Provide details of each project to the Delivery Project Executive via a template that has been mutually agreed
• To ensure that each project has the appropriate software licenses for use on the project
Location: near Warrington, Cheshire UK
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on skills and expertise plus Excellent Benefits (Pension, Holidays, Healthcare)
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday-Friday
Please note that candidates must either have current Security Clearance or be able to pass Security Clearance for this role.
Please send your Word format CV tailored to this role, availability and salary required for immediate consideration.
Morson International is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the number of CVs received, should you not hear back from Morson within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Also please add me on Linked in for my up-to-date roles.
Morson International | Adamson House, Centenary Way, Manchester M50 1RD
E: email@example.com T: 0161 707 1516 M:
VAT No: 732 4476 36 Company no: 2714555
This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Morson International Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing, copying or forwarding of this email is strictly prohibited. This email is sent on behalf of Morson International, Adamson House, Centenary Way, Salford, Manchester, M50 1RD England Registered in England under Company number: 2714555 VAT Number: 732 447 636.
signature.asc (275 Bytes)