From: Bernard qsl@cqnet.co.uk
Date: 2009/9/26
Subject: Re: Foundation Course
To: Jon Spriggs jon@spriggs.org.uk

Hello Jon

Thanks for your email.

First of all I don’t think the Foundation Course will give you what
you are looking for. It is too basic in terms of electrical principles
albeit what we do is sound and thorough. As you would expect we spend
alot of time of Amateur Radio rules and regulations, aerials and
transmitters and receivers.

However the Intermediate Course goes into components, soldering and
some construction work. Cost of courses are currently £40 and £70ish.
With a number taking the course I’m sure we could do something with
the overall cost.

We use a couple of RSGB books as textbooks for the courses so I’ll
bring them along to the next meeting so you can take a look. Tuesday
6th October.

Hopes this helps a bit.

Regards

Bernard G3SHF