You’ve probably seen this already http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-43446064
Wellington Mill looks to be not that different in terms of construction and use, so we need to make sure we are as safe as possible so that the above doesn’t happen to us.
To me that means:
- not overloading circuits (equivalent of a 3kw heater maximum per socket at the wall)
- not chaining extension cables,
- not leaving fan heaters running when you’re not in the same room as it, especially not in woody dusty which I’ve seen before.
- not blocking any fire exit, or fire exit path.
- turning things off when you’re done with them, including bench isolators