Recently there has been a heightened amount of Spam bots joining the telegram group, which has spurred the discussion of potentially switching from Telegram to another platform.
Currently Telegram offers a group that is relatively easy to join, has usernames/reply chats and ability to share what’s going on. Currently there are lots of separate sub groups in addition to the main group.
Telegram has the following difficulties/issues:
- Cannot switch owners
- Admin access is limited and switching admins is complicated
- The many groups are fractured, with each being without connection directly to the others.
To this end we’ve looked at the different options available and have discussed: Slack and Discord
Given Slack is corporate it has it’s own limitations to Free tier, there are leanings towards Discord (which has a mobile app, desktop and web access).
I’ve created this post on the forum to allow for a larger discussion, but please lets keep the conversation to the following points:
- Agree with switching - Pro Slack
- Agree with switching - Pro Discord
- Agree with switching - Against Slack and against Discord. (Please include alternative if available)
- Disagree with switching - (Reasons)
Kat - Former Board, Original Telegram group owner.