The board held a very successful board development morning today (13 November) in which we discussed the roles and responsibilities of the board, teams and the Member’s meeting (Separate post) and set some but not all of the objectives for the coming year see blow
**We welcome your feedback on this prior to approval at December’s Member’s Meeting of our plans ** Please either reply to this post or contact the board on email@example.com
VISION, MISSION and OBJECTIVES FOR THE NEXT 12 Months
The vision – What is the dream
To be a central hub for makers in Manchester
The Mission – What are we about
To Provide the foundations for Manchester’s Creative Community to Meet, Collaborate, Work and Socialise
- To put into place the new sub committee and team structures to ensure that members play a more significant role in the running of the Hackspace
- To find a new space (Lease expires April 2019) which is bigger, more accessible and successfully move into and have operational prior to us leaving Wellington Mill
- To be more active in promoting the Hackspace, Members Projects and increasing our visibility
- To aquire new equipment that meets the needs/wants of the members through fundraising, commercial sponsorship of said piece of equipment and project funding
- To establish community and group outreach projects to reach different communities
- To carry out a membership engagement event, survey etc to ensure that all members get a chance to have their say in the running of the space, the future direction and to highlight their own priorities for the space.
- To review the structure (Legal/Constitution etc) of the Space and to create a 5 year plan for growing the space and ensuring it remains sustainable in years to come.